Richard Leck, general dental practitioner, Newcastle School of Dental Science
Both the GDC and CQC require all members of the dental team to be trained to recognise and respond to Safeguarding concerns. In this lecture, delegates will understand their professional responsibilities within General Dental Practice, and know when it is appropriate to take action. You will learn to recognise the signs of neglect, abuse or harm, support multi-agency working, know the reporting system for raising concerns and feel confident to do so. Real-life examples are used to illustrate Safeguarding actions in General Dental Practice and outline the protocols and procedures which should be in place to ensure effective Safeguarding measures.
- Define the terms and laws surrounding Safeguarding of Children & Vulnerable Adults
- Recognise the signs of neglect, harm and abuse
- Understand the responsibilities of the Safeguarding Lead and the extended dental team
- Learn how to raise a concern about Safeguarding
- Understand why practices require paperwork to support safeguarding procedures