- The aim of this presentation is to discuss the influences and factors relevant to prevention, early diagnosis and minimal intervention approaches to dental caries and erosion.
- We will consider how a team approach to prevention can be the basis of our success.
- Explore tools available to assess and detect demineralisation associated with caries or erosion, and establish which intervention is required.
By the end of this lecture delegates will be able to demonstrate understanding of aesthetic restorative procedures including:
- Be able to identify which patients are at greater risk of dental caries and erosion.
- Understand how early intervention can motivate patients towards disease free dentition.
- Consider who within the dental team is best placed to perform screenings and interventions and examine the effect this has on productivity, patient satisfaction and team work.
- Be able to utilise risk assessment and further explore the Calcivis imaging system as a tool to aid diagnosis and treatment planning.